Corporate membership of Plain Language
Corporate membership mark
As a corporate member you can display the customized mark on your website and other documents, whether or not you also have the Clear English Standard on them. We don’t need to see this material in advance because the mark is not an accreditation but a general expression of your commitment to clear communications. We’ll customize the corporate membership logo for you, putting your company name in the centre to replace what’s shown here.
We can alter the slogan to suit your preference – for example, ‘working towards clearer communications’, ‘committed to being clear’ or ‘committed to clear legal communications’.
Length of membership
Initially membership lasts one year and is renewable. Towards the end of each year, we’ll invoice you for the next year of membership. If you wish to end your membership, please tell us within 14 days after the renewal date otherwise we’ll assume it’s continuing.
You can choose to be a corporate member for longer than one year at any time.
Discounts on services
Corporate membership gives you the following discounts on our services:
- 20% off accreditation with the Clear English Standard, plus any other discounts for series of documents – saving £110, for example, on a typical document of 3,500 words.
- 10% off our standard daily course rate for all courses we run (saving you about £135 per course day).
- 20% off website accreditation – which could easily save you £400 on our initial editing and £200 a year on continual monitoring.
You also get a corporate licence to the essential plain-language primer, our distance-learning course called…
- Be Brief, Be Clear, Be Human by Martin Cutts
This means all your staff have free access to the course, which is a 155-slide Powerpoint presentation.
Corporate membership costs:
- £1,500 + VAT in the first year
- £1,250 + VAT in later years
If you wish to have corporate membership for longer than a year at a time, we can discount the cost – please ask.
Our corporate members include the Financial Ombudsman Service and the People’s Partnership.